Sunday, July 18, 2010

My First KnowledgeTree Plugin

I am using KnowledgeTree for more than 3 years, but never do any development for it. This is a first plugin, it take me only about 10 minutes. This plugin is a Dashlet used to display online users. I have read a wiki reference and do some research on 'active_sessions' table. I admit that it is very easy to code this plugin. But I don't know why KT doesnot have a better plugin installer. Like Joomla! we create plugin, make a zip file with codes and XML manifest file. Then we install it just by upload through its installer. This make webmaster can check release information from the installer where information resides in XML manifest file.

You can download the plugin from my personal web site, Joomlant.com - All about Joomla!. It is in Thai however I provide information for this plugin in English. The following picture is what it is function on Dashboard.


Please leave any comment or feedback if you find it useful. If you have any idea to extend KnowledgeTree functionality, please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. how do i move knowledge tree from my localhost running on windows7 to a windows 2003 server?

    ReplyDelete